Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Student Spotlight: Leo


Name: Leo
Teacher: Bonny
Age: 3

How many brothers and sisters do you have?
One Sister

What is your favorite food?
Chocolate

What is your favorite color?
Pink

What are your favorite things to do for fun?
Play with cars and guns

What is your favorite thing about school?
Playing with guns (he makes them from large Lego blocks) and singing songs. My favorite song is a Chinese song about feeding a donkey.

What is your favorite animal?
Giraffe

Describe your student's personality:
Leo is the smallest in size in my entire class of 20 students. What he lacks in size he makes up for in brains. This kid is seriously smart and does an amazing job remembering English words. The first couple weeks of teaching I overlooked him a bit because he would never speak while I taught but I think he’s the type of person that observes for awhile and then it just clicks for him. He is a very active boy who will make anything into a gun. He doesn’t let the other kids push him around and always fights for what he wants, especially if they take his gun. At the end of the day when he sees his grandpa he immediately runs and out the door to hurry home. It’s really cute.

Share a memory:
In the mornings when I am teaching Leo is still really tired from just waking up. I've often looked over to see him sitting up in his chair, head tilted to the side, and mouth wide open passed out asleep. We shake him to try and wake him up but he’s always out cold. I guess he finds me boring. But it’s hilarious to look over and see so I just ignore it. Amazingly enough at the end of the day when I review the words with him from the days lesson he knows them all. The boy is a genius. I don’t know how he does it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...