Sunday, November 4, 2012

What can $10 buy you in China?


A delicious, colorful pile of fresh fruits and vegetables!

WHAT A STEAL!

Don't get me wrong Chinese food is delicious but after so much rice and noodles you get a little sick of it. At least I do. I prefer to eat like a rabbit and I live for fresh produce. How could I not take advantage of how cheap it is here. I recently bought peanut butter, jelly, and bread so that's pretty exciting. We also found some nutella type spread which is really good.

If you can't tell by the picture yes I did attempt to have chips and fresh salsa in China. I succeeded and bought all my ingredients for the mere price of $5.92 USD. You can't beat that!

Tortilla Chips(from the imported section): 22 yuan
Produce(tomatoes, garlic, onion, hot pepper, garlic, lime, and cilantro): 15 yuan

It turned out delicious and I will definitely be making it again.

This morning on the way home from the market I finally stopped by this popular dumpling place to try this flatbread look a like I've been eyeing for weeks. I don't know why I waited so long but it's too bad this wasn't a part of my life sooner. The crispy dough is covered in sesame seeds and reminds me of pizza dough. So good. Andrew and I shared a serving for only 2 yuan (32 cents).
Now I know why there is a line there every morning while I walk to school. Next time I'll jump in and maybe even try their dumplings. I'm sure everything they sell is delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...